Full weekend schedule and trackside tips for fans going to the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix at Bahrain International Circuit on March 26-28.
Please Note: This post will be updated when the full on-track schedule is announced, normally around one month before the race.
With most of the on-track action taking place late in the afternoon and at night (avoiding the worst of the daytime heat), you can have a lazy start to the day in Bahrain and still make it to Sakhir Circuit in time for the best racing. The weekend begins on Thursday afternoon with a Pitlane Walk for 3-day ticket holders from 17:00-18:45 and F1 drivers’ autograph session in the F1 Fanzone from 19:10-20:40. Headlining the concerts this year at the Bahrain GP will be Afrojack on Friday, March 20 and Khalid and Don Diablo on Saturday, March 21. On track, the opening rounds of the season for both Formula 2 and Formula 3 take place on Bahrain Grand Prix weekend, which really adds to the racing action.
Bahrain Grand Prix Schedule
In addition to around six hours of Formula 1, the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix will also mark the first race weekend of the new Formula 2 season. The single-make Porsche GT3 Cup Middle East series has also featured in recent years. The weekend normally begins with a pitlane walk for 3-day ticketholders on Thursday from 17:00-18:45. An autograph session with the F1 drivers in the F1 Fanzone has also followed the pit lane walk. The schedule from last year is published for information purposes.
- 09:25-10:10: Formula 3 practice
- 10:35-11:20: Formula 2 practice
- 11:45-12:15: Porsche GT3 Cup ME practice
- 12:20-12:50: Formula 1 Pirelli Hot Laps
- 14:00-15:30: Formula 1 free practice 1
- 15:55-16:25: Formula 3 qualifying
- 16:55-17:25: Formula 2 qualifying
- 18:00-19:30: Formula 1 free practice 2
- 19:55-20:15: Porsche GT3 Cup ME qualifying
- 10:55-11:25: Porsche GT3 Cup ME first race
- 12:15-13:00: Formula 3 first race
- 13:15-14:15: Formula 1 Drivers’ Autograph Session (F1 Fanzone)
- 13:20-13:45: Formula 1 Pirelli Hot Laps
- 15:00-16:00: Formula 1 practice
- 16:25-17:30: Formula 2 first race
- 18:00-19:00: Formula 1 qualifying
- 12:45-13:30: Formula 3 second race
- 13:55-14:25: Porsche GT3 Cup ME second race
- 14:50-15:40: Formula 2 second race
- 15:55-16:15: Formula 1 Pirelli Hot Laps
- 16:30-17:00: Formula 1 Drivers’ Parade
- 17:00-17:15: Starting Grid Presentation
- 17:54-17:56: National Anthem
- 18:10-20:10: Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix
Bahrain Grand Prix Concerts
Bahrain also featured some big-name artists at trackside concerts on race weekend. American singer-songwriter Khalid was lined up to perform at the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix with a headline show on Saturday, March 21 (with support from Dutch DJ Don Diablo). Entrance to the concerts are free for race ticket holders.
F1 Fanzone at the Bahrain International Circuit
When there’s nothing interesting happening on the track, the F1 Fanzone behind the Main grandstand is the place to go for food, drink, merchandise and entertainment. Taking a leaf out of Singapore, Bahrain have organized a big roster of roaming entertainment acts (for kids and adults), including circus performers and comedians. You can also take a ride on a 42-metre tall Ferris Wheel offering expansive views of the circuit.