The German Grand Prix is missing from the final 20-race F1 calendar for 2017 published by the FIA today after the World Motorsports Council met in Vienna.
As expected, the German Grand Prix is missing from the 2017 F! calendar after Bernie Ecclestone refused to give the Hockenheim owners a special deal on their sanctioning fee. Among other changes, a clash between Les Mans and Baku has been avoided, with the race in Azerbaijan moved one week later. This also creates a more reasonable two-week gap between Montreal and Baku, which will be much easier on logistics and team personnel. Next year’s calendar features a total of five back-to-back races, compared to seven this year.
The new date for Baku means that the following races in Austria and Britain have also been pushed back by one week, causing a clash for Silverstone with both Wimbledon finals weekend and the inaugural New York Formula E race. Singapore switches places with Malaysia, whilst Mexico has moved forward by one week to be paired with the US Grand Prix.
The dates for preseason testing in Barcelona are also confirmed for a two-week period from February 27 to March 10. A total of eight testing days will be held on February 27 – March 2 and March 7-10 (learn more here). In-season test dates are still subject to confirmation.
Here's the confirmed 2017 F1 calendar
- March 24-26: Australia (Albert Park)
- April 7-9: China (Shanghai)
- April 14-16: Bahrain (Sakhir)
- April 28-30: Russia (Sochi)
- May 12-14: Spain (Barcelona)
- May 25-28: Monaco (Monte Carlo)
- June 9-11: Canada (Montreal)
- June 23-25: Azerbaijan (Baku)
- July 7-9: Austria (Red Bull Ring)
- July 14-16: Great Britain (Silverstone)
- July 28-30: Hungary (Hungaroring)
- August 25-27: Belgium (Spa Francorchamps)
- September 1-3: Italy (Monza)
- September 17: Singapore (Marina Bay)
- September 29-October 1: Malaysia (Sepang)
- October 6-8: Japan (Suzuka)
- October 20-22: USA, Austin (COTA)
- October 27-29: Mexico (Mexico City)
- November 10-12: Brazil (Interlagos)
- November 24-26: Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)