Where to stay for the 2021 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix on April 9-11. The best-rated accommodation in central Shanghai and near the circuit in Jiading.
This post will be updated with current accommodation recommendations when dates are announced for the 2021 Chinese Grand Prix. Support the future development of F1Destinations by reserving your accommodation with free cancellation through the Booking.com links on this page. We also recommend adding accommodation to your Official Ticket Package from F1 Experiences.
Shanghai has an excellent range of accommodation and prices for good quality hotels are reasonable by international standards. Being such a big city, you also won’t be so impacted by the dreaded ‘F1 tax’ which increases hotel prices so much in many other F1 cities. Although there are plenty of hotels close to the Shanghai circuit, we recommend staying in central Shanghai and taking the metro to the track each day.
Hotels close to Shanghai International Circuit
The Shanghai International Circuit is located in the Jiading district, approximately 30km north west of the city centre. If you are coming solely for the Grand Prix, staying closer to the circuit will save you both money and time spent commuting from other parts of the city. Choices are limited in Jiading however, so you will need to book early. Alternatively, the city center is well connected to the circuit by metro and there’s plenty to keep you busy after a day at the track.
Grand Prix accommodation in central Shanghai
All our recommended hotels are located close to a metro station so you can easily get to the Shanghai International Circuit each day (and to/from the airport). Our picks are also located near some of the city’s best places of interest, including Nanjing Road and The Bund.
Budget Accommodation in Shanghai
- Walking distance from Dashijie Metro Station (Line 8), this hostel is one of the best located in central Shanghai with easy access to Yu Garden, The Bund and Yuyuan Old City.
- Dorm beds from $11 USD per person per night, single rooms from $50 USD
- This cosy budget hotel isn’t within walking distance to any places of interest, but is well connected with Shanghai’s public transportation system. The Xiaonanmen Metro Station (Line 9) and bus stop are literally next door.
- Rooms from $45 USD per night
- Each studio is fully furnished just like home and the apartment complex is only a 5-minute walk from the Jing An Temple Metro Station (Lines 2 and 7). Rent a bicycle from the 24-hour front desk to explore the city.
- Studio apartments from $65 USD per night
Mid-Range Accommodation in Shanghai
- This historic hotel was the first western property in China. It’s only a short walk from the Waibaidu Bridge, The Bund Historical Museum and Huangpu Park.
- Doubles from $75 USD per night
- Strategically located for exploring the city; 10 minutes walk to Nanjing Road or People’s Square, and not far from the Bund, Huaihai Road and Shanghai Museum.
- Doubles from $80 USD per night
Luxury Accommodation in Shanghai
- 30m from the People’s Square Metro Station (Lines 1, 2 and 8) and surrounded by dining, shopping and entertainment, including Nanjing Road and People’s Park. Many of the rooms have balconies with views of Shanghai’s skyline.
- Doubles from $175 USD per night
- Within walking distance of many restaurants and shopping centers. Head to the 65th and 66th floor for a 360˚ view of the city. Some rooms have great views of the People’s Square, Shanghai Museum and the Shanghai Grand Theater.
- Rooms from $190 USD per night
- Part of the Marriott chain so that means luxurious, well equipped rooms. Just 100m from the Yuyuan Garden Metro Station (Line 10) and approximately 1km from other attractions in central Shanghai such as The Bund and Shanghai Museum
- Double rooms from $220 USD per night