The best places to stay in Montreal for the 2022 Canadian Grand Prix. Dates for the race have not yet been confirmed.
For the second year in succession, the Canadian Grand Prix has been cancelled. Learn more here. Support the future development of F1Destinations by reserving your accommodation through the Booking.com links on this page. All prices are stated below in $CAD, unless otherwise indicated. You can also add accommodation and circuit transfers to your Official Ticket Package from F1 Experiences. All images © F1Destinations.com. The Editor attended the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.
It’s hard to avoid the ‘F1 surcharge’ for accommodation on Grand Prix weekend in Montreal, but the good news is that it’s a big city with plenty of places to stay for fans on all budgets. As always, it pays to book well in advance. With an efficient metro and public transport system, most central areas of Montreal are worth considering for your Grand Prix accommodation, especially downtown near the Berri UQAM interchange metro station, which is just one stop from the circuit. More information in Getting There & Around. Other areas worth considering include Old Montreal and the hipster enclave of Plateau Mont Royal, where you will find lots of cool cafes, restaurants and bars.
Budget Accommodation Recommendations
- Well rated youth hostel with mixed and female-only dorms
- Near St Catherine Street’s bars and restaurants and a 10 minute walk to the vibrant Latin Quarter. Close to Berri UQAM metro station
- Dorms from $60 CAD per night
- Close to restaurants and nightlife on St-Laurent and St-Denis streets. Ten minute walk to Berri Uqam Metro Station
- Dorm beds from $35 CAD per night with free continental breakfast
- Apartments are part of the Université du Québec à Montréal complex
- Excellent location in the city centre close to Place des Arts Metro station
- Self-contained studio for $130 CAD per night
Mid-Range Accommodation Recommendations
- Central location; 100m from Atwater Metro Station, one block from restaurants and bars on St Catherine Street
- Studios for two are $225 CAD per night with fully equipped kitchens and private balconies
- A well-rated three-star hotel in the Latin Quarter, close to Berri-UQAM
- Clean rooms with Wi-Fi, kitchenette and new bathrooms
- Studio for four (two double beds) from $350 CAD per night including breakfast.
Luxury Accommodation Recommendations
- Great central location close to many sights and public transport options
- Restaurant, gym & indoor rooftop swimming pool
- King room (or Queen with two double beds, for two couples) for approx $425 CAD per night
- A recognized international brand with a good downtown location, 8 minutes from the Underground City and within walking distance of many sights and nightlife
- Indoor rooftop swimming pool
- Spacious king room from $540 CAD per night